Spring Break is here! Let’s all jump for joy, shout from the rooftops, and crash in our beds and SLEEP IN!
Here is a list of 20 things every teacher should do over Spring Break.
5. Read a Book: Don’t read anything for school. Read something for YOU! Whether it is a guilty pleasure book or a favorite classic, we should enjoy the moment.
I plan on rereading Mocking Jay. I can’t wait for the second movie!
4. Try Something New: As teachers our days are so scheduled. Wake up at this time, leave at this time, classes start now, and then it’s 25 minutes for lunch….rinse and repeat. Spring Break is a break from that routine. Try a new hobby, new restaurant, new recipe, or new cocktail.
I plan to try some new techniques with my photography.
3. Sleep in: I’m not sure about you, but I have to be out of the door by 6:20 a.m. in order to make it to school on time. That means a wake up call at 5:30 a.m. on days I don’t go to the gym, and 4:30 a.m. on days that I do go to the gym. That’s really early.
I’ve already slept in until 8 a.m. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!
2. Enjoy Family Time: It is so easy to fall into a routine during the school year. Plan something fun with your family. Perhaps a staycation in your area is just what you need.
My husband, two children, and I are planning a day trip to Carlsbad to go to Legoland. I can’t wait.
1. Eat Lunch at a Leisurely Pace: The bells rule our lives at school. A bell rings signaling its time to eat our lunches as fast as humanely possible so that we can run to the copy room and make a class set of copies, squeeze in two phone calls home, check emails, and maybe use the restroom before our lunch is over.
I plan to meet up with some girl friends for lunch and enjoy appetizers, an entrée, and maybe dessert. It won’t be rushed at all.
What are your plans for Spring Break?